Packer Expeditions remains committed to providing excursions in a safe and healthy manner for all guests and staff. We are following federal, state, and territorial health mandates to determine the right course of action regarding our operations. We are planning to offer trips as soon as it is safe and practicable to do so. Keeping our highest priority focused on health and our company’s well-being, we have made the difficult decision to suspend the following trips for the 2020 season:
- Laughton Glacier Hike (& Snowshoe)
- Alpine Lake Kayak (& Snowshoe)
- Denver Valley Wilderness Hike
- Glacier Station Exploration Hike
- Sawtooth Mountain Nature Hike
In addition, the Chilkoot Trail multi-day hike has been affected by international guidelines. As such, we are still offering the Guided Chilkoot Trail Backpacking Trip, but only on the American side of the border, as the Canadian side is closed for the season. See https://www.nps.gov/klgo/planyourvisit/maps.htm for route specifics. Please also see https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/ for travel information for the state of Alaska.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
In response to the increased risks due to the COVID-19 situation, Packer Expeditions is employing enhanced safety and sanitation protocols, coupled with new methods of operation, to continue to ensure the same quality experience that we have provided since 1992. Our comprehensive approach, in concert with our tour operation and cruise line partners will help to ensure a healthy memorable. Our new initiatives will include:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of the premises.
- New guest seating arrangements to provide greater social distancing.
- Social distancing protocols within train boarding areas.
- New train staging and boarding processes.
- Enhanced training and PPE for employees to raise awareness of practices while also identifying further processes and improvements as needed.
- Greater availability of hand sanitizers in high traffic areas.
- New protocols to replace our formerly self-serve food service.
- Integration of plans and processes with tour partners.
- Enhanced communication with guests pre-departure so that we can identify any issues beforehand.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or +1 (907) 983-3005.