Chilkoot Trail Package with Home-Cooked Backcountry-Catered Meals
This description pertains to the fully catered 5 day/4 night itinerary we recommend. We can customize the service to your desires, but this package has consistently resulted in satisfied hikers. Don’t forget to read the “Important Logistical Considerations” before making trail or travel reservations. Contact us if anything is unclear.
Guide service includes:
- 1 guide for up to 6 hikers, 2 guides for 7-10 hikers.
- Trail permit fees paid by Packer Expeditions*.
- Train ticket paid by Packer Expeditions.
- Transportation to the trailhead.
- Transportation from the train depot.
- Pack and gear check prior to hike.
- All cooking supplies and utensils provided.
- Group gear including bear spray, food storage materials, toilet paper, sun block, bug repellent, water treatment, and first-aid kits provided.
- A snack bag, customized by clients and provided prior to the hike.
- Three meals per day, prepared by guide(s):
- Breakfast (Includes hot water with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, bagels and cream cheese).
- Lunch (Bagels, cheeses, meats, smoked salmon and condiments).
- Dinner (Home-cooked meals vacuum sealed, frozen and hiked into camps, including Mediterranean pasta, halibut chowder, steak tacos, Thai curry, and seafood jambalaya. Wine or margaritas can be provided with some meals if desired).
- We can cater to your personal preferences and dietary restrictions (ex: protein bars in place of candy, gluten-free options, etc.). Advance notice for any special considerations is greatly appreciated. Meat is typically added after main preparation, so vegetarians are easily accommodated.
- Sherpa support, including food drops and additional assistance on summit day. Sherpas are also available to hike back to Dyea if anyone becomes unable continue further on the trail. There will be Sherpa-assisted food drops at Sheep Camp (Day 2), Happy Camp (Day 3), and at Bare Loon (Day 4).
- A cooler with food and drinks to meet you on the train at either Bennett or Fraser.
- Alternatively, in addition to the cooler, there is a meal available from White Pass at Bennett. It is beef stew, bread and pie. This is not included in our pricing, and it costs $15 in advance, or $20 at the door.
- Guide and sherpas carry food (other than your snacks), group gear (as defined above), and cooking supplies.
- Hikers will be expected to carry personal items, including a water bottle, clothing, rain gear, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and tent. It is not unreasonable to keep your pack at somewhere in the area of 20-30 lbs.
- Equipment not included but available for rent through the Mountain Shop: backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, rain gear, trekking pole(s).
Contact us to inquire about custom options.
P.O. Box 601
Skagway, AK 99840
Phone: 907-983-3005 / Fax: 907-983-3544
*Trip enters Canada. Guests much have a valid passport to clear U.S. and Canadian Immigrations. Canada requires Visas from citizens of some countries, list can be provided.